Hiring a pro is a good way to go.
It pays to hire an irrigation specialist or use the design services available at your local irrigation supply store. While it may cost more than doing it yourself, you’re likely to save money in the long run by ensuring a properly designed system for your unique landscape needs.
- Most stores that specialize in irrigation parts also have qualified staff that can help design your irrigation system.
- Find a qualified licensed contractor to help install your system.
- If you use a professional, it’s very helpful to know a little bit about their language:
- Ask your local water conservation office for the brochures, Xeriscape: Landscaping with Style and Landscape Watering by the Numbers. Also ask about classes that are available.
- Find out the latest about water-efficient irrigation by visiting a local irrigation supply store. Ask questions about the quality of the products.
- Review the Drip Guidelines Manual.