April is Water Awareness Month (WAM) in Arizona! The purpose of WAM is to create a greater awareness of water issues through community education, action and celebration. Arizona’s first Water Awareness Month (WAM) was proclaimed in April 2008 by the governor’s office to help create a culture of conservation.
The Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR) partners with organizations throughout the state to promote water conservation and encourage Arizonans to adopt water-efficient lifestyles. An interactive website serves as a portal for water-related information, classes, and events in April and throughout the year.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Get Smart – Take A Class. Over 30 free water-related classes and events are advertised on the Arizona WAM events page.
- Find & Fix Sneaky Leaks. Check out the Smart Home Water Guide to help you find leaks that are draining your budget and to get tips on how to improve your home’s water efficiency.
- Go Play Outside. Participate in the Water – Use It Wisely Celebrate Arizona Water Photo Contest by submitting a picture that celebrates Arizona’s water resources for a chance to win a houseboat vacation!
- Get $ to Save Water. Check the Arizona WAM rebate page to see if your water provider offer rebates for water-saving products, appliances, fixtures, and landscapes.
- Spread the Word. “Like” Water- Use It Wisely on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram where we’ll make it easy for you to share water-saving resources, tips, and events with your social network! Share all you know about April and Water Awareness Month with all of your friends and family.