Since the world has become more “green” aware, products offering to save water are flooding the market. They can help improve your water efficiency. Here are some guidelines you may want to consider before purchasing a new device or fixture. Water – Use It Wisely is a proud WaterSense partner.
- Check with the EPA WaterSense Partnership Program to see what products have received their label.
- Use the Internet to read independent and customer reviews for a product you are considering. Be sure to verify the model being reviewed.
- Will the product fit your lifestyle? Does it save you water, time or money?
- Check the quality of the product. Are the parts sturdy and do they fit together properly?
The Water – Use It Wisely partners and sponsors do not specifically endorse any product represented on this website or otherwise.
- Smart controllers act like a thermostat for your sprinkler system, telling it when to turn on and off. Use local weather and landscape conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site. Check for WaterSense labeling. Search for WaterSense labeled irrigation controller here.
- Soil moisture sensors have instrumentation to measure soil moisture and send a signal to override an irrigation controller.
- Leak prevention devices either notify you of a leak or stop water from flowing out of broken sprinkler heads
- Calcium and mineral removal services can help reduce the frequency of draining your pool to prevent damage to its surface.
- Reduce pool evaporation with a pool cover, whether full-surface or liquid.
- Rain barrels and water capture systems can extend your outdoor water use.
Tools, Equipment & Products
- A water broom makes it easy to clean pool decks and patios and use very little water.
Saving Water Indoors
- Search for WaterSense labeled:
- bathroom faucets
- commercial pre-rinse spray valves